Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My Daddy is HERE!

My daddy is here!!!! It is hard to believe that he has only been here since Sunday! We have already done so much…he is keeping me really really busy!

We both arrived in Buenos Aires on Sunday at around noon and we quickly headed to the hotel…I don’t have much experience booking hotels but I didn’t do too badly for my first time! We dropped our stuff of and headed out to find a place to eat lunch. Of course I managed to get us lost pretty much right off the bat…so much for knowing a city after 6 weeks. After a quick lunch at one of Buenos Aires many corner dinners we headed straight to one of my favorite places, Plaza Francia. It was really important that we went there on Sunday because it is a huge street fair but only doing the weekend. While I was fascinated by all the shopping my dad couldn’t stop looking at all the trees…typical. After a little shopping and tree watching we went to Recoleta cemetery, the most famous and public cemetery in Buenos Aires, it is where many presidents and Evita are buried…we paid a guy 7 pesos to show us her grave site…dad thought it was worth it. After the cemetery we did a little bit more exploring and then headed back to the hotel to rest a little before dinner. Obviously I took him to Siga La Vaca (the worlds greatest restaurant) and needless to say we stuffed our faces…it was great. We headed back to the hotel and slept a TON!

The next day (Monday) we got up bright and early took a bus tour around Buenos Aires all day. We got off and on at lots of different stops taking tons of pictures and learning all about Buenos Aires. Most of the things I had seen before but it was nice to learn more about them and to share the experience with my dad. We found a wonderful Italian restaurant for dinner and had some of the best calamari we had ever had in our lives (and we eat lots of calamari!) We headed off to Iguazu early Tuesday morning....more to come soon.

The internet at the hostel is not great so I will post pictures when we are back in Buenos Aires.


No comments:

Post a Comment